Review of packaging imprint for EU conformity
There are certain requirements for the packaging imprint in the Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 (European Cosmetics Directive). The following indications are obligatory:
- Name and address of the responsible person
- Country of origin in case the cosmetic product is imported
- Nominal content (volume and weight) at the time of packaging
- Indications concerning the shelf life
- Particular precautions for use
- batch number
- function of the cosmetic product
- Ingredient list
Further information for example “Cosmetics Europe” –> https://www.cosmeticseurope.eu/
For certain packaging forms, like for example aerosol cans, hazard symbols according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 have to be considered.
Moreover, the Finished Packed Regulation 1981 contains indications and symbols which are binding for certain cosmetic products.
We help you to design your packaging labels with legal certainty!